Treatspace is passionate about saving lives with software. Our systems help medical practices detect, diagnose and prevent serious health conditions for patients. We are a small team and we believe driven people to drive success. We have a great team that is engaged, learning, and feels connected to their work and to their colleagues. Treatspace is a winning team that recently received the $1 Million Global Action Challenge Award in Nashville, secured Venture Funding and is one of the Top 5 Pittsburgh Startups named by the Pittsburgh Technology Council Tech 50. We are looking for a passionate Front End Developer to help develop our product.
Why is this role important?
As a Junior Front End Developer at Treatspace, you impact the lives of people in a positive way. Your tools create a solution that benefits both patients and practices in an immediate, lifesaving way. When practices are challenged with inadequate referral management, your tools help patients to progress quickly with the exceptional care they need.
What will you do at Treatspace?
- Architect, design, prototype, code, test, deploy, maintain, and improve high-performance client-side software and integrate with server-side systems
- Collaborate with other developers and the rest of the team to deliver a compelling platform and product
- Collaborate with customer-facing teams to design new product features, functionality, and workflow
- Scale distributed applications, make architectural tradeoffs applying synchronous and asynchronous design patterns, write code, and deliver with speed and quality
- Produce high-quality software that is unit tested, code reviewed and checked in regularly for continuous integration
- Provide technical leadership, driving and performing best engineering practices to initiate, plan, and execute large-scale, cross-functional, and company-wide critical programs
- Identify, leverage, and successfully evangelize opportunities to improve engineering productivity
What are we looking for? (Basic Qualifications)
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, and/or 1+ years of related practical experience
- 2+ years’ experience in software design, development, and algorithm related solutions
What will help you succeed here? (Preferred Qualifications)
- Experience in designing and building infrastructure and web services at large scale.
- Experience in using relational databases, NoSQL databases and optimizing for read and write access.
- Experience writing clean, unobtrusive jQuery and using debugger tools (Knowledge of native DOM and Event APIs).
- Knowledge of browser quirks and their remedies (cross-browser compatibility).
- Experience building front-end code with server-side technology.
- Extensive programming experience with Django or other MVC Frameworks.
- Knowledge of (and a passion for) current trends and best practices in front-end architecture, including performance, accessibility, security, and usability.
- Strong object-oriented skills including design, coding, and testing patterns
- Experience, passion or interest in the healthcare field is a plus. were previously clinical or administrative.
- A desire for a career opportunity that offers an enriching experience that promotes career growth and lifelong learning
Why we'll hire you:
- You have a keen eye for design and are excited to show us examples of your previous designs
- You're qualified for the position and your values align with Treatspace’s Core Values
- You're a great developer, passionate about health care, who wants to get even better
- You play nicely with others
- You can take loose requirements, figure out what needs to be done, and make it happen
- You have experience using our tools or similar ones, such as Django
- You have a good sense of humor but work hard, are competitive by nature and are a collaborative team player
- You can be your own QA team, producing quality code the first time around
- You can pitch your own ideas and shepherd them through to completion
- You know when to call it 'good enough' and ship, and when to put in the extra time to polish
Where is this position located?
Treatspace is headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA. This role is based out of the Pittsburgh Area and is an onsite position.
Benefits & Perks
Our office is open, highly collaborative and yes, fun! We offer fantastic perks to support you at work (and play):
- Competitive compensation including stock options
- A health-oriented office culture including 1:1s, healthy food & snacks
- Flexible vacation time
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Stocked fridges, coffee, and lots of treats
- Weekly free catered lunches on Fridays
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, potlucks and more
How to Apply?
Please send us the following:
- Cover letter
- Design Portfolio, which has the screenshots or URLs to at least two site / app designs that you were responsible for designing and are the most proud of
After you finish, our team will review your submission and contact you regarding next steps. We’re excited to meet you!